Well what a week I have had. Money saving has been a low priority this week. Erin has been poorly and we ended up in hospital earlier in the week. She is ok now but it has been a tough week. This has meant that I have had little sleep, lots of stress and minimal time to look after myself and my finances! I have really had to think about how I have been frugal this week in preparation for our 5 Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky.
5 Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky
- I am off to Ascot next month to celebrate my best friends 40th birthday. I could easily have spent a fortune on a designer dress that I would wear once. Yet I made a budget and stuck to it. You can see what I am wearing in this post What to wear to the Royal Enclosure at Ascot Races.
- We have been looking at what activities are on our local doorstep rather than going further afield. We really enjoyed our day discovering Surprising Things To Do in The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Area.
- Last Sunday we still managed to fit in a quick Yellow Sticker Food Shop. Marks and Spencer food is such a treat and when they are practically giving it away I am in my element. There is no scrum either it is a very civilised affair and worth going to town for on a Sunday Afternoon.
- I wanted to start comping again. I am a lucky person and will often win competitions but it is a little time consuming to enter. I took some time to enter some competitions and won a free meal for two at Bella Italia. Lee and I went for a date night dinner on Monday and really enjoyed it.
- Finally I have spent less on diesel because Chloe passed her driving test last week. This is saving me personally both time and money. We also have taken out a multi car insurance for all our cars which is saving us money on our previous insurances.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky Rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.