The sun is shining with the forecast promising more. If we believe the weather predictions we may even have these rising temperatures for the months to come and certainly for the summer holidays. This is wonderful news if you are planning a staycation this year as the temperature soars to rival much of Europe. However, days out and summer can soon get expensive which is why we are sharing these really simple ways to save money during a heat wave.
- Firstly do not have impromptu days out! This is a really expensive day out, instead plan ahead. If you just wake up and decide to head off for the day you will spend on parking, food out, activities all at the premium prices. Plan ahead and you will probably find better deals. Many attractions are cheaper of you book online via the internet before turning up.
- Next consider where you are going, a day at the beach may sound fun but in reality, there is very little shade and too many chances to burn. Instead, consider a woodland walk where there is cover under the trees. Check out the savings on gym clothing at Groupon, pop them on and set up camp, have a picnic and play games like hide and seek or mini sports day type fun.
- You don’t have to travel – enjoy the garden. Grab a cheap paddling pool and let the children cool themselves off with some water fun. A squirty washing up bottle or a spray bottle can be filled up countless times.
- Make your own smoothies, ice creams or ice lollies, there are lots of recipes and this one: Making a fruit smoothie for 12p beats Costa prices anyday is always popular on hot days.
- Create some shade in the garden by building a den. Let the children have fun with some sheets, chairs and pegs. They will soon have made a cosy den in which they can read or have tea in. These are always fun to build but again provide some respite from the sun’s rays.
- It shouldn’t be all about the children either – mums make the most of your day as the children will get tired in the heat and you will be dealing with their fractious behaviour. Therefore take some time out for yourself, go for a swim and Learn How To Start Looking After Yourself With These Simple Self Care Strategies. as happy and relaxed mums make good mums.
These ideas will help you manage in the heat and keep the children happy and cool at the same time.