With a couple of weeks to go there are still a number of shopping days left if you have left it until now to get those presents ready for under the tree. Many enjoy saving the shopping until December and then really getting into the festive spirit. This includes the wrapping and even compiling creative ways to give gift cards
The weather has also been rather cold and snowy which puts many off heading to the shops. Also if you are shopping in towns there is the hassle of car parking and also carrying the bags of goodies after you have bought them.
An alternative is to pop on your Christmas pajamas, pour a glass of something bubbly, get the Christmas tunes playing and do the shopping via your laptop. This makes it a far more enjoyable evening and then it is all delivered directly to you. I enjoy wrapping gifts and would rather spend time doing my shopping and preparation this way.
Many seem to give experiences for presents these days but want to also give something to open on the day. If you are looking ways to present your experience I have found these clever and unique ways.
5 Creative Ways to Give Gift Cards and Experiences
- Write the experience on a piece of card and attach it to the bottom of a helium balloon. Pop the balloon in a box and as it floats up the gift experience is revealed.
- Write the gift on a card and pop it into a balloon before you blow it up or fill with helium. Then invite the recipient to pop the balloon to reveal the gift.
- Have a big cookie made and ice on the experience.
- Buy a clear tree bauble like this set from Amazon: Christmas Decorations Set of 4 Empty Baubles. The gift can be given in the bauble and makes a nice keepsake for years to come.
- If the gift is on a theme, buy something related to the theme. A remote-controlled car for example if you are gifting a driving experience. A teapot if it is afternoon tea.
If you are looking for inspiration one online site that has Gift Ideas for all the family is Groupon. There are day experiences including spa days. gin tasting sessions and a whole range of adrenalin activities. There is a segway experience which I think makes a great gift for teenagers.
Do you have any unique ways to present a gift card?