We seem now to be in the midst of January and for many, it is a hard month. People often struggle financially this month, as the bills of December need paying and January’s paycheck is a long way off. Long dark evenings and little sun make many of us feel blue and all of that can leave us feeling pretty miserable! However January can also be a month of rejuvenation and a time to stick to our goals.
This past week I have been trying to focus on the positives and one way to do this is think of three positive outcomes each day. Feeling grateful for the small things can help lift our spirits.
This week I have managed to be frugal in a few different ways.
FIVE FABULOUSLY THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY:
- On Thursday I headed to London for my first blogger event of the year. It was a timely event as it was about getting your finances in order. I am taking the BTox Challenge with B (whole blog post to follow) and it gave me the opportunity to really think about where I waste money.
- I have also set up another account to put money into each month. I was saving for my tax bill in with my savings. Whilst I have enough to pay my tax bill it has made me really sad that it has decimated my savings! Instead, I realised that I now need to organise my accounts better. I can’t look at my tax as my savings!
- This week I have meal planned. I went to the supermarket with a clear list of what we would be eating. The children have enjoyed a Christmas and December of excess but I wanted to get them back on track with wholesome family meals. Therefore we have eaten better and cheaper this week with a little planning, apart from Thursday! When I was in London I left Dylan (13) in charge of making dinner. They had bacon and chips! But we all know a that being good most of the time is what counts!
- I want to work on my Instagram as I really want to get to 10K – if you are not following me please pop over to Instagram I treated myself to a few new props that I can use in images but I bought them in the Paperchase Sale whilst I was waiting for my train!
- Finally, I haven’t drunk alcohol this week. I really enjoy a glass of wine and I have it delivered from a wine company but I have cancelled my subscription. I am going to cut out mid week drinking. This is for my weight and health as well as my wealth!!
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.