What a week! I always knew this one was going to be busy. I had a day in London, a photoshoot in Gloucester and a hair appointment. I knew that it was going to be quite an expensive week. Yet I had not envisaged, as I was on the train, a phone call from my eldest who had a flat tyre and her siblings in the car. Erin was luckily by her school so able to get in. Dylan carries emergency money and was able to hop on a bus. Leaving Chloe to sort the car. We are now £80 lighter as the spare tyre had also perished. What luck!
However, I was able to get some frugal buys this week.
- The children were happy when I landed in Tesco just as they were yellow stickering the sandwiches. Somehow they prefer a supermarket sandwich than homemade. I only buy them when on the yellow sticker round though!
- Over on Emma and 3 we had a guest post on Never pay full price for online shopping.
- We also looked at tips for increasing the value of your home.
- I had a sort out in Erin’s bedroom and sold a few things that she had outgrown. One being a Trunki, when selling you need to look for things that you know have a good resell value.
- This week I took part in a bargain beauty challenge with Molly from Mothers Always Right . You can see what beauty buys I got for just £12. I also managed to snag some freebies and share my tips for doing this.
- Finally being self employed I have to file my accounts and I am pleased to say I filed them on time which saves myself a hefty fine!
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.