Another week down of the summer holidays already, how is the spending going? We have spent a fortune but on updating Erin’s bedroom which is having a full blown makeover. However, I have been good in all other areas of my spending.
- Firstly Chloe and I both put ourselves forward to be a model for students doing their sports massage exams. This meant we both had a sports massage for FREE this week. It is a great way of getting treatments and saves us about £40 each! Do look at your local colleges and training places for similar offers.
- Whilst walking the dog this week, we went armed with a big tupperware box for blackberries. It was filled quickly and we have enjoyed our free fruit with our breakfast, in smoothies and for dessert. They are really ripe too and tasted fab.
- I bought new furniture for Erins room whilst it was in the sale. It saved me a fortune and is already back up to full price so I snagged a great deal there. It looks fab and I can’t wait to share it on a post in the future.
- As I said we have been painting and decorating Erin’s room. I sold her old furniture, a number of toys and accessories via our local facebook selling sites. This has paid for over half the new stuff. Therefore I am really happy with myself.
- Lastly, we have also meal planned this week which is always a good way to save money. Being organised means I do less mid week shops where I then spend more and even buy stuff we don’t need!
FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.