What a week! If you missed it I started the week on the This Morning sofa! My dreams were realised as I got to debate on the sofa with Ruth and Eammon! You can read about it all here in Rewarding or Bribing: Would You Pay Your Teen For Exam Results? #celebrateourteens. I have also been blogger of the day for a post on Why is Having a Teenage Attitude a Bad Thing? before also being featured on the Money Advice Service blog What my daughter really needs to know about money and university. To say I’ve been busy is an understatement but it is great to see that I am being recognised as a parenting teen expert.
This week I have still managed to be frugal and find some great deals including camping deals and more yellow sticker shopping.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done
- This weekend Erin and I are heading to The Big Feastival and rather than take our huge Holly Springs 6 person tent I decided to get us a small two-person dome tent. This appears to be the perfect time to grab a bargain and I have picked up a tent for just £16 in Halfords- what a steal! Now I am just hoping for a lovely sunny weekend!
- To get Erin back in the learning zone I have looked at some one to one Maths tutoring that will really help her continue to improve. Erin is bright and therefore will do the grammar school testing which is pretty much required as schools don’t teach the type of things the assessment requires. Erin loves learning so we are making a head start on the Maths.
- Yellow sticker shopping has also taken place and tonight’s haul included 20p pies and sausage rolls. This is all helping fill the teen up whilst he isn’t at school. Have other parents noticed how much more food is being consumed whilst the kids are off school?
- This week we also went outlet shopping for school shoes, this has saved a fair amount. The husband also got a Marks and Spencer suit for £30!!
- Finally, we waited for a new TV unit we wanted to be added to a sale and this week it has been. Result!
FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.