This week has been much calmer thankfully and the children have all been back at school after Dylan’s hospital visit last week. It has been quite an expensive month because I have had to buy summer clothes for the children ready for our holiday to Crete later in the summer. However I have attempted some frugal things!
- Firstly we have been automatically switched to a cheaper energy supplier thanks to Flipper who we have been using for the past year. They do all the hard work of finding the best deals for us.
- Next I finally sorted out my mobile phone. I have now reduced the bill down to a sim only deal which is saving me £25 per month. that is a great saving! This is due to not doing an upgrade so I am longer paying for the actual phone. Many forget to switch to a sim only if they choose not to upgrade for any reason.
- Thirdly I have bought all our holiday toiletries including sun cream from an online chemist which was much cheaper than buying in town. Full post to come!
- I have passed some outgrown clothes from the children onto a friend. This is being frugal as it is getting more use from them and saving someone lots of money as they were all great clothes and designer brands.
- I hit up the sales! Spending can sometimes be frugal if you really need the bits. I managed to top up my present drawer and dare I say it – start stocking fillers off! I do love Accessorize for the sale.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky Rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky