I am not sure about everyone else but this week seems to have flown by. It was a very busy weekend with the MAD Blog Awards – I didn’t win my category of thrifty but had a wonderful night nonetheless especially as one of the fab co hosts of the linky was by my side. Becky did win Outstanding Contribution which was just wonderful and it was an absolute joy to see her take center stage.
So my frugal things this week:
- First up has to be my upcycling coffee table project which I finally finished with some help from dad. It just shows what can be made with some left over wooden flooring.
- I found a brand new tangle teezer at the charity shop. I had been considering getting one for a while for Erin’s unruly hair and I am glad I did as she isn’t complaining half as much when I brush her hair now.
- I have walked more this week which is important. I am trying really hard to get my 10K steps everyday and as such I have driven less and walked more. Good for me and good for the environment.
- I have a been having a good clean at home but using alternative products that are cheap rather than the branded products I usually turn to. I found an oven cleaning set in poundland which worked really well and I gave the washing machine a clean by running a cycle through with white vinegar. This give the machine a great clean, mine is definitely starting to fail now and is not as effective as it once was but I will keep going until it totally dies on me!
- Lastly a really cheeky one – I love fresh flowers and usually buy a bunch a week. However Becky won a stunning bouquet from Moonpig but couldn’t get them home and so I wasn’t shy about offering to home them for her! Thanks Becky – your a gem!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with this Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week’ linky.