What a week! These weeks seem to be whizzing by and it is time for another Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky.
- I have been using primer’s on my face underneath my expensive foundation. The reason is that it makes the makeup stay on my face longer and therefore it is a good economy. The tube appeared empty and so I cut the top off and have had a further four days use from what was actually left in the tube. Now that is good!
- I am working with a fab company Desenio who sell really good prints and frames at brilliant prices. A full review and unboxing is coming next week but I have been really impressed with how I can update my walls on a budget. I have used a couple of the small print over on Instagram this week – do make sure that you are following me over there.
- Last Friday we had a power cut and I realised something was tripping the electrics. After running around the house isolating everything I realised it was connected to the boiler, meaning I had no water or heat. I duly called out British Gas who put a warning on my boiler as it couldn’t be fixed until the following day and it needed new parts. This could have cost a small fortune but we have a yearly cover from British Gas that covers us in case of breakdowns. We have used this service every year and has undoubtedly saved us lots of money. the cover costs about £12.50 a month.
- I have started using Checkout Smart again as they have had some cracking freebies to try in recent weeks. Yesterday I picked up a soft drink, was refunded with the money in less than an hour and it saved me buying a soft drink during Erin’s swimming lesson.
- Finally I have listed a few things on selling sites after having a sort out. Finding the right place to sell is key to getting the best returns. Facebook selling sites are great as there is often no delivery charges and specialist sites are best for high end goods.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.