Welcome back to the Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week linky that I co host with Becky and Cass. If this is your first time finding us because you have decided this is the year to become more frugal – then welcome.
The idea is simple, we share our success where we have saved a pound or two. You may have spotted a great deal or saved some money some clever way. If that sounds like you, write a post and join in. If you don’t blog tell me in the comments how you have saved this week. This week I was expecting to share my Boots 70% off sale haul with you. Except the sale hasn’t yet happened! I was there waiting outside at 8am because I couldn’t risk missing it. But it looks like Boots are keeping us on our toes this year!
To start the linky off for 2017 we are giving away a budgeting book to help you get motivated. To win the planner, link up following our requirements and one lucky winner will be randomly picked on Wednesday 18th Jan.
My five frugal things:
- My local Morrisons has had a refurbishment and are now stocking more and making bigger reductions. I happened to be there just before 7pm and filled my basket with heavily reduced foods including this granola pot and some croissants.
- I bought myself a happiness book – which you can see over on my instagram feed (do follow if you are not already!) I found this is one of my favourite shops. Homesense is where I always pick up a bargain. It cost me just £4.99 and it will motivate and inspire me all year.
- Chloe has had neck ache and whilst dropping some bits off at my local charity shop I spotted an unopened neck wrap, heated thing for muscles. She loved it. I also picked up some luxurious bath stuff that was obviously an unwanted xmas present too. I haven’t decided if its for me or regifting yet!!
- I have stayed away from the sales and I’ll tell you why! I looked in my drawers and found so many sales bargains that are still sitting there, unworn and unopened. This year I plan to not be suckered in to buying things I don’t need.
- Finally I also recieved a copy of ‘The No Spend Year’ which I plan to start reading this weekend. I will take what works for me and implement it into my life.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.