We have finally limped towards the school holidays and I am really looking forward to a couple of weeks with the children at home. The promise of good weather just makes it all seem better. Spending more money in the holidays is par for the course but you can still make clever choices.
My biggest tip for saving money in the school holidays is plan ahead. Never wake up and head someone without seeing if you can get a discount online first. Many day attractions have a hefty discount if you pay in advance, even in the morning before you leave. Other places only offer the discount if booked the day previously. Do check before you turn up to pay.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- I have sold some of Erin’s old baby Annabell clothes and accessories on Ebay. I have fallen out of love a little with Ebay as prices seem lower however for some items it still pays. I plan on selling a few more things as a side hustle this year.
- I have looked at my income for the financial year and it is well up on last year which is good. This is primarily down to blogging and the income it has provided for me. It really can be lucrative and I am going to write a post specifically on this.
- Now that the sun is shining I have realised just how much Erin has grown over the weekend and there are few summer clothes that still fit her! I was dropping off at my local charity shop and spotted a few really nice bright pieces in her size. Result!
- Chloe had a sneaky McDonalds and on the Monopoly game got 20% of Boohoo so she has started shopping for her festival clothes. She is heading off to V Fest with her friends in the summer. Obviously we also saved on the tickets by using TopCashBack.
- Earlier in the week I shared how your goals can win you 5K check out the post with this link Win 5K with Zurich.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.