Making money online is a flexible option for many, especially those who need flexible hours to fit in around childcare. All you need is a laptop and good wifi connection.
There are no shortcuts to making money though and it does require time and effort. I spend many hours online every day but it does afford me the luxury of being self-employed and working around my family’s needs. Many refer to this as having a portfolio career. The idea that you have different income streams and make money in a number of ways.
I started working this way before I left teaching. This enabled me to build up some regular work and regular clients. Once the balance tipped in favour of making money online I left teaching.
The most lucrative ways of making money online for me has been blogging, however, there are lots of other ways that I have tried over the years. Now I stick to just a few that work well for me because of time constraints.
The real ways that you can make money online and beyond include:
- If you can write then a blog is another way of making money. This is certainly not as quick as survey sites and does require far more effort. To make money blogging you first need to build a brand and write unsponsored content. Brands often start collaborating with bloggers once they are established and have a good DA. To find out more about making money from blogging, buy (or add to your Christmas list) Blogging Your Way To Riches which gives the secrets to making money from blogging. Building a brand requires creating a blog that stands out and looks professional. There are ways to do this on a budget though without paying for expensive designers. Using Logojoy allows you to create a bespoke logo that can be used across social media accounts and your blog. This will really help elevate your online presence and the logo below is an example of what the software can do.
- Taking part in surveys and online signs ups with Swagbucks is a very easy way to collect points which are redeemed into vouchers. This can all be done from the comfort of your sofa. Many make £100 a month easily and there is still time to earn ready for Christmas spending.
- Another lucrative survey site is opinion outpost where you are paid for filling surveys.
- If writing is your skill then there are sites like Elance Uk and People Per Hour. Both are ways that you can find hourly jobs that you can bid on. The work is home based and perfect for those looking for small jobs. The work is varied and it is worth siding up with these sites.
- Matched betting is a risk-free way of making money. It really does work and is tax-free. This is a quick way to make money and the software actually does the Maths for you. I know many people making at least £1000 per month with profit accumulator.
- Finally, if you are a mum consider sites like Talk to Mums. They work on a sampling basis and if you are selected you hand out samples to other mums and record their thoughts online. This work is infrequent but well paid.
Making money online can be done but it requires effort and time. One thing I now recommend is not putting all your eggs in one basket. Try to diversify how you make money in case one of the income streams dries up.