With the winter weather being a bit nippy this year and summertime appearing on the horizon, it’s time to start thinking of warm, tropical places that are calling our names for a holiday getaway. Erin has a list of places she would love to visit, with some of these inspired by what she see’s on YouTube. When you think of warmth, sunshine, beaches, and waves, what destination comes to mind? You guessed it…Hawaii! Therefore this post is going to help with planning a trip to Hawaii If you are looking for luxury then Kauai beach villas offers all that and more.
Who can resist consistent year-round tropical weather that is unlike any other place on Earth? Think of the last time that you walked barefoot on the warm sand or let your toes take a dip in the ocean…Sounds perfect right about now, doesn’t it? Instead of dreaming about it, take charge and start making plans to turn it into a reality! If you are able to take that holiday and visit Hawaii, here are a few suggestions of fun things to do while you are soaking up those gorgeous Hawaiian rays!
- Take a Stroll on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, HI. If you are looking for some of the best beaches with stunning views, this beach is a must visit. Don’t forget to take time to go snorkeling or spend your time on the beach building up some of the best sand castles around. There is no shortage of fun located on Waikiki Beach.
- Immerse yourself in the history of Pearl Harbor in Oahu, HI. Explore five different historical sites and museums during your trip to Oahu. Not only is it a great family experience to visit together, it also provides education and insight for all members of your family as well. Keep in mind that Pearl Harbor is actually located on a Naval base that is still actively used, so bags, purses and other larger items that can conceal are prohibited from bringing inside.
- Hike in the beauty of nature to see Akaka Falls in Hilo, HI. If you’ve ever wanted to visit and see a waterfall in person, this is the one to see. With over 400 feet of cascading water, it’s the epitome of a picture-perfect moment. Make certain to have your camera’s ready to capture one of the most famous waterfalls that can be found in the United State. The amazing thing about this waterfall is that it seems to fall just as constant year-round, which is unique in the fact that many waterfalls depend on rainfall to keep them flowing. Seriously, this is not something to miss when visiting Hawaii!
- Book a Volcano Tour to see some of that hot lava! There are quite a few volcanoes that are on the island of Hawaii, so why not take the opportunity to see as many of them as you can while you are there? Not only can you go on a tour by boat, but you can also opt to do some of them by helicopter or by hiking. While seeing lava is never a guarantee, it is still an extremely unusual and fun experience to embark on when visiting Hawaii. Imagine flying over the top of a volcano? Simply amazing.
- Spend the day with over 1000 different animals with a visit to the Honolulu Zoo. Yep, you read that right! Over 1,000 different animals all located on 42 acres for your viewing pleasure. If you and your crew are animal lovers, this is the place for you. You will have the chance to view several different African animals as well as a few family favorites, such as the Komodo Dragons. Sounds like an awesome experience to have together!
- Experience the true Hawaiian culture by going to a Luau! What trip to Hawaii would be complete with attending and experiencing the magic of a luau? The music, the culture, the warm welcome and the beauty of tradition are all great reasons that your trip must include at least one luau celebration for you and your family. Oh, and don’t forget the great food! Many luaus have options for some of the most delicious food and buffet options around. It’s like being able to enjoy dinner and a show!
When planning your holiday to Hawaii, understand that the sky is the limit on all the fun activities that you can plan for yourself and your family. Write down the experience and activities that you are wanting to do for certain, and then make a point of making it happen. A trip to Hawaii doesn’t always present itself to happen more than once, so make it count while you are there and have fun exploring all the amazing options that Hawaii has to offer!
For more blog posts on Hawii you might enjoy reading about my friend Sally’s adventures. She went last year with her daughter and they certainly had a blast which you can read here in their Tips for Family Trips to Hawaii.