May is here and with it I hope is the long awaited sunshine! I always consider May the month I start wearing summer clothes and as such I have been thinking about my wardrobe. Like many, we seem to have a lot of clothes and jumpers that certainly take up space in drawers. Therefore I like to pack them away when I can. To do this I always ensure that I pop them into vacuum bags and store them safely away.
Shopping online is one of my favourite pastimes as it is easy and convenient and I can do it at a time that suits me. Using Lyst is a great way to put outfits together as it houses collections from many different stores, it gives you a personalised store that works for you. What I like is that it also accommodates all budgets and styles and clearly showcases sale items too! I always like to feel that I have got a bargain and as such shopping the sales ensures that I feel justified in my spending!
Sale shopping on Lyst allows you to filter by dresses or bags and then you can filter down to show lowest price first. This enabled me to spot a Radley tote bag for just £4!! However I was looking for new summer wear and found all of the following items that were heavily reduced.
Top Tips for travelling with just hand luggage
- The above items will be perfect for summer holidays as they will pack well which again is ideal if you are travelling with just hand luggage in order to avoid those extra suitcase costs that quickly add money onto travelling.
- When I am packing with just hand luggage I look for dresses and jumpsuits that are complete outfits and require few accessories or other items.
- Also layering clothes works well, so find a lightweight cardi in a neutral colour that can go with a number of clothing choices.
- I also look for ballet flats that are easy and comfy to wear that work with a number of outfits.
- Statement jewellery is easy to pack and takes up little space. However changing necklaces can make a outfit look very different.
- Take make up in sample sizes. I often pop to a local beauty counter and ask for a weeks foundation trial and then take this on my holidays. It saves carrying my bigger tubes about.
Pin for later