There are some deep cleaning jobs that I just don’t like doing but once done they can leave your home sparkling. It can be satisfying to get your home in tip top condition especially in the run-up to the festive season when you are planning to entertain and have guests to stay. With the weather colder and wetter now is the time to start ticking off those jobs that you really don’t like. This post will help guide you through the tasks and give you some time and money saving hints along the way.
There are a number of approaches that you can take depending on how you prefer to work. One way is to take a room a day and deep clean that before moving onto the next. An alternative idea that has gained popularity is speed cleaning. Just take a look on Youtube and you can see how popular speed cleaning is. In this approach set a timer and do as much as you can before moving on to a more enjoyable task.
- Deep cleaning the oven. This is a job many of us dislike but products like Oven Pride Complete Oven Cleaning Kit makes easy work of it. You simply pop the oven racks in the bag add the cleaning solution and they fizz away and within a few hours are clean. The oven door also gets quite greasy but I have found that by unscrewing the corners and removing glass makes it easier to clean rather than sitting on the floor scrubbing!
- Washing your carpets is another yearly job which can really have an impact. You can hire a carpet cleaner and undertake this over a few days.
- Wiping down skirting boards and doors can really make a difference. It is only when you start cleaning them that you realise just how many scuffs and marks can be wiped away. If they need replacing then check out Skirtings R Us. To wash your skirting boards make up a soapy solution and use a sponge and wipe them down.
- Clean out the fridge. Many freezers don’t need defrosting anymore but the fridge is a different matter. Empty the fridge and clean it all out.
- If you live a hard water area you are likely to get a build up of limescale. Use a toothbrush and baking soda to scrub around the taps. This may take a few attempts but will be worth it in the end when your taps are sparkling.
- Wash out your washing machine, this will prolong its life and help your clothes last better. I pop a few drops of zoflora in the machine and run it through on an empty wash. This just gives the machine a good rinse.
- Organise kitchen cupboards and check dates on tins and jars at the back. A wet wipe is ideal for wiping out cupboards.
- Pulling out furniture and get right behind them top pick up the dirt you don’t see every day.
- Wash curtains and wipe wooden blinds down.
Let me know what else you do on a deep cleaning day.