Welcome back to Frugal Friday. It is a chance to share your financial wins this week. What have you managed to snag a deal on and where have you made some small savings.
This week I’ve had a couple of good results including an online glitch.
- One of my big treats for the year is a day at Cheltenham Races with my best friend. It is the only day of the year I have champagne for breakfast but on race week it needs to be done! I started looking for a dress to wear and was browsing Sosander. I spotted two dresses I like and popped them into my cart. I only need one but ordered two in two sizes. As I got the checkout it applied a £50 discount. I was unsure why and thought maybe it was a new customer discount. I checked out and received my dispatch notice. Then yesterday I received another email saying that Sosander had spotted my glitch. However, they are honoring but not is I return. Therefore I now need to keep both dresses regardless! However, I could always resell one!
- Chloe is also learning my frugal ways. One of her friends was having a clear out and the girls swapped clothes with each other. This gives them some new clothes for free.
- My big saving was my Boots 70% off sale shopping last Friday. You can watch the vlog here:
- Erin and I made homemade Bath Bombs from a set I had bought her for Christmas. these working out really well and were much cheaper than her usual Lush habit!
- Finally I have stuck to my no mid-week drinking. This has given me so much more energy. It has motivated me to exercise more. I have been running and I have started another weights class. I am feeling great and I am saving money! Win Win.
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.