Well, it has been a hot one this week, hasn’t it! The biggest money saving tip this summer is that you certainly don’t need to go abroad for a holiday in the sun! We have fed turtles, paddleboarded and even been in the sea all in Weymouth which has felt like the med this week!
This past week I have been away and here are the ways that I have been frugal.
- We have been in Weymouth staying at the luxurious Waterside Holiday Park and Spa which is a 5* resort and stunning fabulous with it. There have been lots of improvements since our last visit two years ago. Watersports and archery are now available on site and we have tried both this week. You really don’t need to travel abroad to have a wonderful holiday. This holiday has been about 1/4 of the price of being abroad!
- During the week we have eaten in as well as out. This makes a big difference and we have done it not to save money but because Erin wants to be in the kids club at 7! Therefore eating in makes this possible.
- Ice creams – we all want a diet of icecreams in this weather, don’t we? Rather than buying individual icecreams from the beach we have been grabbing a box of four from Iceland which is a few steps away! Therefore they have been costing £2 for 4 nice ones instead of £2 each!!
- We left the teen at home which has saved us money on dog boarding too! Although the said teen isn’t too happy as the dog has been missing us and is very unsettled at night!
- Finally, we found somewhere to park that is outside of the pay zones but not too far to walk. Therefore we have saved on car park fees to this week.
FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.