January is the time when many of us assess our spending and also look to improve our savings. Whether you are planning a holiday or house projects extra cash is often needed. Each Friday we share our money saving tricks and tips so do come and read of the bargains that we have found and the small steps that we have taken to save more money.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- This week I have been battling a cold, it has knocked me for six as I can’t remember the last time I had a cold, I think it must be about three years since I left teaching. This one has left me pretty much with no energy so I have saved money this week by not getting out much!
- I am getting back to the healthy eating which for me means high protein and I am pleased to share these Muscle Food Offers including exclusive discount code. If you are looking to eat healthier and also want to save money then Muscle Food is the answer.
- Next up is a big shout out to the clothes site Brandy Melville who provided excellent customer service this week. I ordered three items for my daughter for her birthday, there was a mix up at their end and I received two different items. It was my first order and I thought oh no I’ve hit something dodgy. I rang them up on Monday to complain and was reassured that it was a genuine mix up and my items were quickly dispatched. I was told to keep the two incorrect items by way of an apology. This resulted in one happy birthday girl as the wrong items fit her and she liked them! Great customer service and another order will be placed soon I am sure!
- Rather than getting hot drinks from town which cost about £3 a go I have been making my own in the slow cooker. This works out so much cheaper for the children and I. You can get inspiration from my hot chocolate recipes to make at home. I pop it in the slow cooker and they are ready when we get home.
- Finally I have also saved money this week on buying my cold remedies from the poundshop. Lemsips have been my friend and I always get them in the poundshop rather than anywhere else. Hopefully they will soon have me feeling well again.
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.
Every week we share five frugal things that we’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life. We’d love you to link up with us and show us what you’ve been doing.