After four years out of the classroom I am doing some supply for a couple of weeks and it is going to be a shock to the system, although I am looking forward to doing some actual teaching. It has got me thinking about making packed lunches again and that I will be spending more money on diesel! However next year I am planning on doing Disneyworld again so taking all the extra pennies I can!
This week was my son’s birthday, he turned 15 and it was pretty expensive as he has expensive taste in designer clothes! We also eat out when it is someone’s birthday and they get to choose where we go! Thankfully for that he has chosen a carvery which isn’t too pricey.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done:
- I have been looking at summer clothes as we head off on holiday in May this year. Thankfully Joules have a brilliant 25% off everything until Tuesday. I have taken advantage!
2. I have written 6 Ways to Find Your Calm Again which are things that you can do at home, with no money to tackle feeling overwhelmed.
3. I bought some lovely new bedding which will add some colour to my bedroom. I have been looking at sets that were expensive but on a successful trip to TKMaxx I found the perfect set for a fraction of what I thought I would end up spending!
4. Not drinking alcohol in the week has had a huge impact on my spending. Not only am I not buying a bottle of wine but I am then not also buying things online after having a few drinks!
5. Finally I have also saved money this week by using food in the freezer rather than buying more. Often when I look I do have plenty to whip up some meals at home. It is often out of laziness I end up buying more for convenience in the local Tesco rather than actually looking through the cupboards! Erin sorted out the kitchen cupboards for me this week and I realised just how much we actually had that was languishing at the back of cupboards!
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.