Well the British weather is letting us down somewhat this week. I really want to be wearing my summer clothes and to be ditching the jeans. Last night I went to a wonderful Garden Party at the stunning Tortworth Court Hotel but had to have a last minute change of outfit! The evening was beautiful and I had a lovely time. This weather has left me daydreaming about our recent Perdepera Beach Resort trip to Sardinia which was blissful.
I have also managed to make some good money saving choices this week which I will now share you!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done
- My daughter has taken on a new summer job, now that she is home from University. With it comes a 40% discount for a shop I love! This mamma is making the most of that discount! If you have teens getting a summer job – do ask them if they have a discount for their place of work.
- Sticking with students, mine has a student university card which gives a discount in many retail shops. We now always check whether we can get a discount, especially when shopping online. It is often 10% off which is great.
- We have just flipped our gas and electricity bill to make sure that we are on the cheapest deal for us. This is one of the biggest ways to save money and something everyone should be monitoring every couple of months. It is now so easy to make savings, switching is smple, fuss free and does not require much effort but the savings are huge.
- Next up I have been planning some summer holiday trips and have cut out coupons for free entry for kids when parents pay. I am waiting for 11th of June to get free London Theatre tickets for kids when buying an adult ticket. I want to take Erin to see something! I have also been looking at Bear Grylls Adventure which looks so much fun for active kids who want a challenge. I also want a go!
- Finally, I have also saved money this week by listing a few things to sell on Ebay. Although I have to share that my brother nabbed the best freebie last week! He likes to buy and sell things that he sees on Facebook Marketplace etc and he spotted that someone was giving away a euphonium. He went and collected it and took it to a musical instrument shop to get it valued. It is worth between £300 and £600! Now he is looking at where the best place to sell it is!
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.