For many it is the final week of the school holidays. It has been an expensive week for me, buying school uniform, bags and stationery. Plus I bought myself a new car! It means that I really need a frugal month in September to readdress the balance! I also didn’t work much in August, instead I was entertaining the children. Such is the joy of self employement.
- Baking, rather than buying expensive brownies the children rolled up their sleeves and made some. Almost as nice and certainly much cheaper.
- I wrote a very popular post about why today’s supermarket meal deal is making you fat. Not only are these meal deals an expenssive habit for a family they are also having a negative impact on our waistlines it appears.
- When buying my new car this week we pushed hard for a good deal. I am going to write a whole post on getting a good car deal but we got £1500 off the price plus free mats. Result!
- I also have a great friends birthday coming up and it’s a 1920’ss party. After searching for a dress I would wear once I decided to see what I could make do with from my wardrobe. I found a dress and just bought 1920’s accessories from Ebay instead. Much cheaper but sstill looks the part.
- Finally I have started planning my daughetsr 18th party. She wants an open house and so I have started putting money aside to pay for all the treats!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky Rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.