It has been half term here this week and I find they are always expensive weeks. We do more with the children including days out and eating out. This week we have had some fun family time and we took the teenagers for a unique day out on a Gloucester Prison tour. We all have a fascination with crime and deviance and decided to take the opportunity to visit the closed down prison before the area is redeveloped.
- After our visit to the prison we went out for a tasty carvery. A Toby Carvery is good value anyway but if you download the app you get an extra £5 off. Therefore this made our meal even better value.
- Staying on the food theme, there was a valentine offer from Subway this week. On Tuesday to celebrate the day of love it was buy one get one free on all 6inch subs. My teens headed off to get the deal – showing that they do love each other really! We share these deals as we spot them on our Facebook page so make sure you are following me over there. Follow us by following this link.
- I shared my Black Betty Vlog and Exclusive Discount Code which offers serious clothes bargains.
- We have actually managed a low spend food week this week as we got a huge haul from Marks and Spencer last Sunday in their yellow sticker reductions. This has kept us going for most of the week.
- Finally, we have had lots of local adventures and walks this week which is free entertainment. This is so much easier since we got our puppy. These days the children are much happier to go out walking. This week we have explored the local area including Haresfield Beacon.
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.