This week has been rather hot, hasn’t it? Therefore I have been considering cheap ways to keep the kids cool this week and beyond. On Wednesday I was invited onto the Anna King BBC Glos Radio show to share some ways to keep cool. I really enjoy chatting on the radio and sharing my ideas with other parents. This week has also seen the eldest head off on her girls-only holiday to Malia, again I was so pleased to have found them a great hotel that was also cheap. The girls have been in touch to say the accommodation is great what they were expecting. Phew!
This week I have shared the following frugal tips.
- Firstly, after going on the radio show I wrote up my frugal ways to stay cool in the heat with this article 6 Really Simple Ways to Save Money During a Heat Wave. One of the tips is going for shady woodland walks rather than heading to the beach.
- Next up was a post on 10 Cheap of Free Self Care Ideas for Mums. How often do you actually take time out to look after yourself? Last week I had a lovely few hours at a new spa and I try to regularly look after myself.
- My friend has been training in Indian Head Massage and I put myself forward to be her head model for the day. Cue me getting a lovely long head massage from both the tutor and my friend as she was assessed for the practical part of the assessment. I often make the most of local training schools for treatments as it works out so cheap!
- Rather than put up with the fact that my fitbit strap is broken I have written a complaint and asked for an exchange or refund. In my opinion, it is a defect and as such, it should be made good. I will let you know how it is resolved.
- Finally I have been shopping for summer wear – but I stuck to the sales and therefore Iam classing that as thrifty!
FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.