Well I was caught out today with the Boots 70% off sale. Erin was singing at the Young Voices Choir last night and we didn’t get in until about 11pm. Until 10.30 but I still got up at 7 in order to be outside Boots as the barriers went up at 8a. I was not alone, there was about 20 or so of us, which is less than usual and I soon discovered why. The much-anticipated sale wasn’t on. So disappointing, not least because I could have had that lie in but no bargains either! I am now wondering if the sale will be next Wednesday or Friday.
However there have been some frugal savings this week which include:
- Making the most of my gym membership. I have shared on Emma and 3 how Chloe has been coming with me and training hard. She keeps booking us onto classes which is great it also means that I am getting great value from my membership at Iron Zuu. I absolutely love the programme and it has totally transformed my health and fitness.
- I have written about the 6 Easy Side Hustles that I regularly participate in which make me money throughout the year. These are things that everyone can do.
- Following on from the previous point I have discovered an amazing survey site Respondent . This site offers from £25-100 per survey! I have had a play about this week and took part in a survey for a UK startup based in London. The survey was paid in dollars but well worth the 30 mins it took. You may not match up with all surveys but keep checking. If you sign up with my referral I will really appreciate it! You can follow this link to register and start making money
- Are you watching the Marie Kondo Netflix series? It seems to be a huge a hit and has given got my 19yr old tidying and decluttering her room. If you are looking for ways to get started check out this post KonMari method on a budget
- Finally I have been looking at how to reduce the cost of our summer holiday this year. We usually go fully inclusive somewhere hot but this is getting so expensive as we are now three adults, a teenager and tween. The children also don’t like sharing rooms much, and I can’t blame them. Therefore we have been researching different types of holidays and we are considering Eurocamping in France. I’d love to hear your experiences or tips if you do this type of holiday. The husband isn’t too keen on driving abroad so I want something easy for our first trip of this type.
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.