Happy New Year and welcome back to our money saving linky. The new year is a great time to reassess spending. Maybe set yourself a target or two for the year. Each Friday Becky, Cass and I share the ways we have saved money in the week. It can be bargains we spotted or more strategic savings plans.
The first week of Jan has been an expensive week for me, my millennium baby turned 18 and that was never going to be cheap! However, I have still made some smart savings. I have also started a new instagram account I would love you to follow. It will be a place for sharing bargains I find, you can see them on Mums Savvy Savings new Instagram account. I also have a the Parenting teenagers and children on a budget Facebook group.
FIVE FABULOUSLY THINGS I’VE DONE:
- This week I shared the 1p challenge and how you can have an extra £660 in your pocket next New Years Day. It has been very popular on Twitter and it seems lots of us want to save more money this year.
- I did a yellow sticker shop for party food. I managed to pop it in the freezer and this will be used for the birthday party. I also have ordered in lots of food from Morrisons which I will be picking up in the morning.
- Many know that I used to enter competitions and I am a lucky person and would often win things. I decided to start comping again this week and got lucky on my first evening! I spent about an hour entering competitions, the following morning I had a winning notification. It was also a great win! It was a fridge freezer, which is a super prize!
- I went shopping on New Years Eve with my lovely friend Holly and found a few bits in the sales. I love Accessorize and bought myself a bargain bag. It is a lovely mustard colour. Sticking with handbags I managed to get Chloe a Ted Baker bag in the sale. It made up her birthday gifts and will be great for when she goes out out now that she is 18!
- Finally, I wrote a post on how you can use 3 Free Food Apps to genuinely get free food.
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.