This past summer we had our dream holiday to Disneyworld it was rather special and had been a long time in the saving and planning stages. It was a family holiday that my parents and brother joined us on. Whilst we were there I had arranged a few extra treats includingLee and I watching the extravaganza which is Cirque du Soleil (this was part of his 40th Birthday present which was a great add on to Disney parks) I was memorized from the start to the finale. I treated Erin to the princess makeover in Cinderella’s castle as a special treat after all she has been through healthwise. The whole holiday was amazing and has left us with grins on our faces and memories in our hearts. We stayed onsite for a week at the Caribbean Beach Resort which I totally recommend. The attention to detail was perfect including Erin’s teddys being placed in different positions each day.
For the second week we moved to a villa and hired cars.
1. Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
It would be Griffindor according to those Buzzfeed tests you can do. Apparently it is because I give 100% and stand up for myself and my friends. Probably a pretty accurate definition of me to be honest.
2. Name a Disney character you’d like to have dinner with.
Dinner with the Princesses at Akershus Royal Banquet was pretty special for a princess loving tiara clad Erin who had just had her princess makeover.
However my ideal dinner companion would be Aladdin and Jasmine. Not only would we be able to feast on Morrocan food traditionally cooked in a tagine but we had A whole New World playing as we signed the register at our wedding. Therefore it would be fab to go on a magical mystery tour with them!
3. Which Marvel superhero power would you choose?
I’m going for a lesser known superhero in Dr Strange for the simple reason that he can time travel, levitate and even use magic. now this seems t fit with my needs. Having three children I often need to be in different places at the same time. Levitating would just be pretty cool and it sounds quite relaxing, much like a spa experience. I also need the help of a little black magic to keep on top of all my chores, blogging and keeping up with the children. Infact I think most parents are superheros as we tackle the unknown with our super powers each day.
4. If you could bring back one dinosaur breed from Jurassic Park, which would it be?
Saurapod would be who I would bring back. The tallest of the dinsaurs and I would love to catch a ride with them. I am rather on the small side and think it would be great to be the king or Queen and dominate high above everyone else. They are also plant eating which means they are a bit friendly and won’t eat all the other animals. They also have a reputation for being a little dumb, I bet that isn’t true and would like to see if it is. The ones in the Mog and Meg books were never that dim and Erin loves those books so would be fun to see a real one.
5. You can ride a dragon at the Triwizard Tournament and visit the Owlery at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but where else would you go on a school trip to Hogsmeade?
The Three Broomsticks, a cosy pub where the teachers sit. I am a teacher by profession and therefore this would be my spiritual (pun intended) home. I would sup firewhisky in front the fire whilst eavesdropping on my students conversations!
6. A scene in any Disney, Harry Potter or Marvel movie you wish you could experience?
Oh Frozen, the soundtrack is brilliant but I think Frozen is a great tale and shares what true love is. It is about looking after your family. I would also love to be Anna and punch that Hans when he messes with her sister!
7. Name one item from any Harry Potter, Disney or Marvel movie would you want for Christmas.
Beauty and the Beast. For some reason we don’t have a copy and it is on Erin’s wish list. Who could get through Christmas without a little sing song from Chip and Mrs Potts.
8. Name one unforgettable experience/moment you’ve had at the Orlando Parks.
A picture speaks this a thousand words so here are my favourite moments.
1. Watching a little girls dream come true in her princess makeover.
2. Finding these photos where my brother Sam and daughter Chloe photo jacked some of the rides. They love rollercoasters and decided to set up some photos. Other people in the booths collecting their photos afterwards thought they were so funny and were taking copies of my two messing about!
3. Finally my Dylan who is naturally quite shy was singled out by Druisilla at Cinderalla’s Happily Ever After dinner. She asked Lee and me if she could marry Dyl. He took it with great humour and this interaction at a character dining experience was our favourite. The night was one of our favourites and I recommend this meal to anyone visiting the parks, the meal is based at the Flordian Hotel which is breathtakingly beautiful too.
This all shows just why a Florida holiday really is amazing. It is why I am saving to go back and it is why I knew I had to take part in this meme, so now I am tagging the lovely Emma at Mummy mummy mum and the gorgeous Joanne at Kids days out reviews.