There’s nothing like flowers when it comes to infusing vitality and fun to any living space. It gives your living room a personal touch and brings undeniable ambiance in the room.
Favourites like fresh tulips, lilies, carnations, roses, and natives are good choices as living room table centerpiece flower decorations. Whatever the breed of flower you choose, their presence in the living room is necessary because fresh flowers emphasise the natural beauty of any space. This post will talk about tips on how to decorate your living room with flowers as much as possible.
The style of your living room dictates the type of flower. The flower type has a specific style just like everything else in the living room. It could be modern or vintage, therefore it’s a good idea to adapt the flowers to match the style of the space. Look at the curtains, walls and the wall. You can choose contrasting or like colours as you want since this is not a strict consideration.
Add a colourful bouquet of fresh flowers. If you’re hard pressed with the decision to buy a specific flower type, you can never go wrong with a colourful bouquet of flowers. It will bring freshness and a beautiful note in the living room. Otherwise choose fresh tulips, lilies, carnations, or native flowers, whatever you want to go with.
Choosing the right vase for the right flowers. This might sound cliché, but a flower’s container plays a role in properly highlighting the beauty of the flower. Opaque vases, not glass are safe options. The perfect shape is an hourglass, which is wide at the bottom, narrowed in the middle, and slightly flared at the top.
Take note that modern-looking arrangements use just one colour. Modern designs rely on massed flowers of a single species to create a big impression.
Here’s how to create a centrepiece living room flower decoration:
- If you will use around, wide-mouthed vase, make the arrangement in your hand first. Say you chose fresh tulips as your living room table centrepiece decoration. Start with the centre, and start building around it, rotating the bouquet in your hand. When you’re satisfied, simply cut them all together and plop them in the vase.
- Prune carefully. Just because you bought the bouquet in a certain way doesn’t mean they have to stay that way – it’s your choice! Trim away extra leaves, stem and other distractions until the flowers shine themselves!
Taking care of your flower decoration:
- Change the water daily. You can also wash the vase with soap and water, and try adding a bit of bleach to each new water change (this kills bacteria.)
- Give the stem a fresh cut (5 centimetres will do.) This will lengthen its lifespan.
- Do a midweek check-in. Your flowers are alive, which means they’ll transform as they get older. Prune your bouquet as the week goes on.
There you go! It’s not hard to decorate a living room table centrepiece with flowers. Go ahead and buy fresh flowers and follow the steps above. Have any other flower decorating tips/tricks? Share it with us.