This week my five fabulously frugal things post is rather varied. I have made money, saved money and made savings which I am really pleased with.
I’m going to jump straight in with my five:
- The musch anticipated 70% off Boots Sale finally happened today. Boots kept us on our toes this year as for the past number of years the sale has been on the third Wednesday after Christmas. This didn’t happen and threw bargain shoppers into confusion! Today the sale started but only in shops and not online. I was waiting at the doors at 8am this morning and vlogged the experience.
- I recently filled in a PPI form. I did not think I’d ever had PPI but I recall having a credit card in about 2002. I requested the form directly from my bank. I recieved the form and filled in the details I knew which was pretty much only my address and personal details. i had nothing about the card. I posted that on Monday and today had a letter from the bank upholding my complaint and offering me £87. I am stunned but pleased – I was definitely mis sold as I didn’t think I’d had it!
- I have had a great blogging week and upsold myself some work with a client. It shows that you should always ask for more work. It will lead to this month being very lucrative!
- I have meal planned this week using up food in the freezer. This has helped empty the freezer but also saved money on my top up shops.
- Erin has been making birthday cards for me that I can use for family and friends. She had a card making set for Christmas as she loves crafting. This is already saving me money as cards can be very expensive. Now people are getting personalised ones for free.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.