As a work at home full time blogger I am pretty much on my laptop most of the day. However this is not always good for my posture and especially my neck. My usual place of work is the sofa which sounds idyllic but in reality is not good for my health. Just ask my massage therapist!
I really need to create a better workspace. It’s not like we don’t have the room. It’s just I don’t find the spaces I have terribly inspiring. I would like an office space of my own. A place where the children won’t dump their things and a place that is free of piles of exercise books my teacher husband is marking. Currently we do have an office space it is an open plan room with the dining room. However it is my least favourite place in the home.
Lee uses the space to mark and plan his lessons. The desk is big and bulky and overall it just doesn’t work for me. It is also a dumping ground for general stuff nobody knows where else to put it.
My ideal workspace would be a multi functional room. Somewhere I can make mine. A space that is bright, light and motivating. I envisage a grey and yellow colour scheme. In my minds eye it is complete, I just need to make it a reality.
- A small computer desk is a must as is the pretty chair that is the right height for the desk.
- A pin board for my weekly planner where I can easily plan my posts for the week. I am often working on several campaigns at a time and need the creative space to do that.
- Sofa bed because it could then be functional when we have visitors staying. This is a budget friendly way of making an office space a day room plus occasional room. In our living the old sofa was also a fully functional bed and when we redecorated the room we were worried about not having the flexibility a sofa bed offered. It had been well used and many nights it was slept on. Sofa beds are ideal for when grandparents visit and also if one of the children was unwell when they were little and wanted to sleep with me. Erin’s asthma was bad when she was little and I wanted to sleep with her many a night back then.
- Cushions just because I can never have enough! Sticking with the colour scheme I’d be choosing something like a bargain yellow and grey John Lewis cushion from the current sale. This will make the sofa bed pop.
- A large blanket box in which I can put my many parcels in. It’s no joke that that most of the delivery drivers know me well. I really need a better storage system of items I’m reviewing.
- Inspiring prints, like those I featured in my Poster Lounge review – have you entered to win £50 to spend online yet? Click here if not Poster Lounge Giveaway.
That’s it really, it’s not too much and it would work as an additional guest room. I know that it would make my work life easier.