Children grow so quickly that they often only get one season out of clothes. If you have a penchant for designer or top end high street brands this becomes and expensive hobby. Furthermore there is often nothing wrong with the clothes themselves. Therefore we have been looking at what options are available for fast and easy ways to make money selling your children’s clothes.
- Facebook selling groups. These are a great option as most local areas have their own selling groups. You simply upload a picture and name your price. The first to reply who agrees a price with you then comes and collects the clothes. Paying cash on arrival. This is a really easy way of selling, there are no fee’s involved meaning that you get all the money to spend on new things!
- Swap parties. So this doesn’t technically make your money but you get clothes in return so you don’t need to spend. Have a clothes swap with friends who have different aged children. You put all the clothes in the middle and can have a good rummage and swap clothes around! I have done this on a smaller scale as have a neighbour that I can give my son’s clothes too and she has passed me her daughters for mine. The age gaps for us worked perfectly!
- Ebay. This is a great selling platform and has a much wider reach than those Facebook groups. However you will be charged a percentage of your sale. You will also need a paypal address for paying and receiving your money. Ebay is great for more specialist products and for high end designer as not everyone in your local community may pay for premium brands. There is also the postage costs and time to consider when using Ebay.
- Pre Loved Shops If you don’t want the hassle of selling yourself there are preloved shops available. They will sell your old clothing much like a dress agency. Check out their terms as they may only accept specific brands. The shop will agree a price with you and they will take a cut if the piece sells. The returns may not be as high but it is easy and hassle free for the seller.
- NCT Sales. Much the same as preloved we have plenty of nearly new sales in my local area. These are often run by play groups, community group and so forth. Some of these are organised by selling you a table space for the duration of the sale. You will then turn up present your clothes and sell direct. One advantage then is that you can take offers on the clothes. Other ones are run where you price up and the playgroup put all the clothes out and again take a percentage of all your sold products. This used to be one of my favourite selling options when I had baby clothes, toys and equipment to get rid of.
- Repurpose. Make sure the clothes cannot be used for something else. Can trousers be cut to shorts? I also love to see those teddies made from old baby clothes, what a lovely keepsake.
- Car Boots. Choose a popular car boot location and this is a sure fire way to make money. You will pay on arrival for your pitch and then all you sell is your profit. I have noticed that you don’t tend to get as much money at car boots but it is an easy way to sell quickly. Start in the morning and the cash is in your hand by lunchtime, it is definitely fast!
- Charity shops Finally when all options are exhausted take the rest to charity shops. they will be grateful.
There you have our Fast and Easy Ways to Make Money Selling Your Children’s Clothes.