This week Donna tagged me in a meme that was started by Mich asking what are the life lessons that I want me children to know. So here goes.
1. Education is a gift and will open doors for you. I know I am on your case to make sure you try your hardest. I didn’t work hard enough enough at school and could have done better. I don’t want you to ever think that. Chloe you have GCSE’s coming up and whilst the grades won’t matter especially in a few years they are the keys that open the door to your next chapter. I also know you and know that you will be gutted if you don’t achieve the targets you have set yourself. I don’t want you to feel that disappointment. Therefore I will keep on in the background helping you and chipping away at those past papers. Likewise I will keep making you those lovely fruit smoothies whilst you study! Dyl the same for you, I know you moan at me for making you do that little bit of SAT’s revision . But cmon you know why and you want to be in top sets at secondary school. So quite moaning and just do it, it would be quicker for you if you just got it done then go back on the X Box.
2. Create your own happiness. Do not rely on others to make you happy. You need to find that happiness from within and then let the people around see that. Then people will want you in their lives. Choose friends and partners wisely do not put everything on them. You need to be able to be happy from within. Good things come to happy positive people. It is also better to have a small circle around you that have your back than swim in a big pond with lots.
3. Don’t buy on credit. Ever. Just don’t. If you only pay for things that you have the money for you shouldn’t get in a muddle. It is important to be financially savvy. You know that me and dad only buy what we can afford – having a mortgage is the only debt that is worth it. When we buy things or have an amazing holiday I feel happy that we have paid for that it means that we can enjoy it all the more.
4. Take a few risks. Seriously I mean that, you don’t always have to play safe sometimes you just have to go for it. Whether that is trying something new or doing something you believe in. I gave up a well paid, secure job to try something new. It has paid off, I am at home with you all much more than before and I think we are all happier with that. It was aleap to freelancing and being self employed but I worked up to it for a few years first. I knew it would work as I did my preparation.
5. Lastly I want to say be nice to people. Karma really happens and if you are nice to people and treat people well you three will all be treated well in return. Keep your heads held high, bad and sad things happen in life and it makes you stronger and braver in the long run. You will have people hurt you – its inevitable but it is how you deal with it that matters. Know that your dad and me have your backs. I would do anything for you and will always stand behind you. Even if you do wrong. Know that we are always here and always will be.