The mornings can be really busy at home. Various children of differing ages to get up and out the door for school. Plus getting yourself ready for work. I work from home but still need to maximise my time to get everything done within the school hours. When we are rushing around is when we forget things or get annoyed with each other. Therefore I have compiled my list of Quick Time Saving Hacks to Keep Your Sanity in the Morning.
Quick Time Saving Hacks to Keep Your Sanity in the Morning
- Preparation begins the night before. School bags are packed ready for the following the day and placed by the front door. This makes sure that we are not hunting for trainers as we are leaving the house.
- You will know that I have a yellow sticker obsession so when I find reduced sandwiches at 9p I often freeze them. This makes lunchboxes so easy to make in the morning. When I have no shop bought sandwiches I make my own, bag them up and pop them in the freezer. It saves making them everyday! I also use Sistema To Go Lunch Tub as you can compartmentalise the lunch. Other frozen lunch box ideas can include egg muffins or quiche. Batch cook which saves so much time. Can you tell I don’t enjoy making those lovely themed lunch boxes!
- Shower in the evenings. The children have their showers in the evening which means that it is free for me in the morning! Children don’t need to shower first thing. Mine much prefer evening showers. Use dry shampoo if hair just needs a freshen up.
- Go to bed at a decent time. Find your optimum sleep time and make sure everyone is bed at the best time. This makes getting up easier. Erin still needs 12hours so is always in bed by 7PM. My 13 yr old is in bed by about 9.15
- Lay out breakfast items and bowls the night before. I limit choice to three cereals which are all ready out and they just pour and eat. Teaching the children to make their own breakfast from a young age is one of my biggest tips. I just wish we had a breakfast bar with bar stools to make it even easier.
- Clean clothes are all laid out the night before for erin as this means she can get up and get dressed without a fuss. It gives me the time to get myself ready without interruptions.
- Keep your keys in the same place. No more lost keys in the morning, the same goes for older children’s bus passes.
Have I missed out your top tip? What do you do to cut time in the morning?
Pin for Later: