There are times when outings and incoming do not quite match up and then it pays to be creative. Many of us have ways that we can make some quick money in times of need and below are a seven ways to make money when things are financially tough to get you started if you have lost the way a bit.
- Facebook selling sites are great as there is no additional postage costs. You simply upload your items and add a photo and then set your price. The transaction is then finalised on your terms and you make a mutually convenient time to collect and sell. This is especially good for lower value items as there is no postage costs involved.
- Ebay is probably the best known auction site. It is best for specialist items or more expensive items. Collectors will prefer Ebay as it allows for posting and therefore the appeal of your item is worldwide as opposed to being so local.
- Mystery Shopping is a fun way to make a little money. You won’t make a fortune mystery shopping but it gives you some free nights out, there are often opportunities at cinemas, restaurants, ten pin bowling places and even gyms. Find out more about mystery shopping and how it works.
- When buying online ensure you use TopCashBack as you do get real money back that you can cash out when you have reached the threshold. This makes you money on things that you were already spending. Right now there is an offer where new customers who sign up via this link get a FREE £5 Debenhams voucher too.
- Make money online with apps including Roamler.
- Sell or rent out your assets. Do you have a driveway in a desirable area? Maybe it is near the train station, if this is the case you maybe able to rent out your space to commuters. Another way is renting out a spare room or even your house. Places like AirBnB are growing all the time and it may work for you. Many in my area rent out their rooms for Gold Cup Race week for example.
- Sticking with the theme of events, there are often job agencies that are looking for casual staff for events. With the wedding season starting again you can register and make some extra money around your another job. Waiting staff and events staff for festivals are a great way to be at and see events for free too.
These seven ways are just the tip of the iceberg to making some fast money – do you have other tips and tricks when you need to find that little bit extra?
PIN FOR LATER: