The alarm goes off and you wish you could turn it off but instead, you know that the day ahead is going to be a busy one. However, I like to start the day with a cup of coffee and a few minutes to contemplate and of course check my phone and Instagram to see what everyone else is up to.
One way to ensure I wake up with a happy heart and head is to know that I will be organised for the day ahead. If the day starts well, it ends well for me. Therefore I have a lovely morning routine that makes my busy days easy for us all.
- I write lists and I am a visual person so I need to write the list and not just have it on my phone. Most days I have a list of things I need to do, whether it be pay a bill, buy something or a task to complete. I have a pretty notepad on the side in the kitchen and I am forever adding and ticking things off. Anything not completed can be carried over until the next day. My lists help me prioritise my tasks and they also declutter my mind allowing me to do things at my pace.
- Make lunch the night before. My kids get bored of eating the same things and so I often cook different things for their lunch boxes. This might include a pasta salad, potato salad or some cold sausages etc. These are always ready to go in the fridge. I have found that if I wait until the morning I often haven’t got what I need and end up buying convenience snacks or chocolate which is neither good for my mind or waist!
- Shower in the evenings, my hair takes ages to dry so I prefer to shower in the evening and wash my hair. This gives me a few extra minutes in the morning to enjoy my coffee and plan the day. I often go to the gym in the evenings and therefore need to shower and freshen up then. I just need to run the straighteners through my hair in the mornings then. Unless I am wearing it tied up and I can just quickly put it up.
- Plan your outfit the evening before to save time deliberating on what to wear. Even if I haven’t actually got it out I think about it so I can check whether things are clean and ironed.
- Have a good breakfast. Overnight oats are a healthy tasty option that can be prepared the night before so all you need to do is grab a spoon and eat. We are at our most productive in the mornings and we should be embracing this and getting ready to start the day.
- Exercise helps wake us up and gets the blood pumping which stimulates us and gets us fired up. Therefore an early morning gym session works for many and Iron Zuu Gloucester has a 6am session each morning which is very popular. Sign up now to claim three free sessions to try it out. You can also read my post Iron Zuu one month in.
Do let me know how you get started in the morning and do you have a tip to make your morning easier?