I love the feeling that I have saved myself some money but still have everything I want. Therefore I listed some of the easiest ways I save money – Can you tick a significant proportion off this list?
1. You know where all the reduced sections are in ALL your local supermarkets.
2. Your children make the family (and everyone else) homemade birthday cards from their old cut up cards.
3. Some presents you give don’t come in their original wrappings because they were bought at charity shops and car boots.
4. The freezer is full of random food with yellow (reduced) stickers on.
5. You collect coupons in an envelope which is stored on your handbag.
6. A day trip out is decided by what offers are on this weeks BOGOF cereal box not where your children have actually asked to go.
7. Cinema trips only happen on a Saturday morning (movies for kids) or on Tuesdays.
8. When shopping online you know to use Topcash back or quidco every time.
9. The perfumes on your dresser have names like ‘Suddenly’ but smell just like ‘Coco Mademoiselle’
10. Next you rub Waitrose baby bottom butter on your face rather than ‘Creme de la mer’
11. Money saving comparisons websites are in your browser under favourites.
12. Holidays are booked separately and not as packages because it is cheaper that way.
13. Paying for meals out includes using your smart phone for smart savings.
14. Proudly you tell everyone your childs main christmas present was bought using your Tesco clubcard points.
15. The bottom drawer is overflowing with random sales tat that will make a fantastic present for your child class mates party gift.
16. Accidently you received a parking fine but you refuse to pay it using a template letter and it gets wiped (said she that has never had this happen).
17. You fill in surveys or watch mindless you tube videos in the evening whilst watching TV to get 1p but you never watch enough to cash out!
18. This years Christmas cards are already bought – that is what the January sales are for.
19. Wombling – you actually know what this means.
20. Fake-aways are your Saturday treat rather than takeaways.
21. Hair cuts and beauty treats are usual but they are done by trainees at your local college for a fraction of the price.
22. Going to a wedding or special posh event at an exclusive address, you carry a large handbag for your cheeky bottle of vodka.
Any of these sound like you? If they are well done as you are a true money saver!!