Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and effort. It’s no surprise that for one to feel as though they’re adequately prepared for their wedding day to happen, it’s taken sometimes upwards of a year or more to get all those fine little details in place. And while planning for a wedding does take a lot of energy, the item that takes even more to consider is the overall cost associated with the wedding. Who knew that a ceremony that lasts an hour tops can cost several thousands upon thousands of dollars? It’s mind-boggling if you were to really stop and think about it. While there are some items that take more money than others to prepare for your big day, it is possible to cut some of those costs by making your own wedding decorations! Looking for a few ideas on how to make that happen? Here are 12 simple wedding decorations that anyone can make on a budget!
12 Simple Wedding Decorations to Make on a Budget
- Wedding bouquet. It is absolutely possible to make your own gorgeous wedding bouquet for your big day! Make it super special by picking some fresh flowers from your own flower garden or head to the store and buy some authentic looking fake flowers that you love. Remember, it’s your creation so have fun with it!
- Bench bows. Having your ceremony inside in a church? Bench bows are super simple to make! All you literally need is some tulle, and the ability to tie it into a bow, and voila! You’re made some adorable and awesome bench bows to highlight your walk down the aisle.
- Rustic Wedding Signs. Looking for more of a homemade touch for your upcoming nuptials? Why not create your own rustic weddings signs to have to showcase the different areas of your big day? Super simple and all you need is a couple of pieces of old barn wood and some white paint. Then, create away! Anything handmade and homemade during a wedding is always a special touch.
- Cake Topper. Finding the perfect cake topper in a store is hard to do and pricey. Why not create your own with items that represent you and the love of your life? It can be made of fresh flowers, or maybe even something that you’ve created from art. Anything that represents you and your soon-to-be spouse is the perfect topper for your wedding cake.
- Tablecloths. Why spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars buying or renting tablecloth covers for your reception? If you have the ability to do a little bit of sewing, you can easily make them yourself. Find a fabric that you like, and hem the edges so they don’t fray. Literally, that’s all it takes and all your tabletops for your guests will be decorated with images and fabric that you love and chose.
- Guestbook. Long gone are the days where the traditional guest book is necessary for the guests to sign. Have fun creating your own guestbook, or even just having a fun, framed photo of the two of you that the guests can sign around. Don’t spend money on that plain jane white wedding autograph book when you can spruce it up and make it your own!
- Wedding program. Your guests to your wedding need to know who is a part of your big day, right? With all the programs and design options out there, it’s super simple to make your own wedding programs to have for your guests to read along during the ceremony.
- Photo Collage. With the entire wedding being about the union of you and your fiance, have fun creating a giant decoration centerpiece made out of photos of you and your love. Any pictures will do, as long as both of you are in them!
- Homemade jewelry for your bridesmaids. While this may not exactly be considered a decoration per se, it is a decorative item that you can make to give to all your bridesmaids for them to wear on your big day.
- “Just Married” sign for your getaway vehicle. Part of the fun of getting married is to have a great getaway car that you and your spouse can ride off into the sunset together. And that getaway car absolutely needs to have some fun decorations as well! Make up your own “Just Married” sign to hang for everyone on the road to know and share in your joy!
- Table toppers. No matter what your style is for your wedding, it’s absolutely possible to make your own table toppers for the reception. Simple glass vases full of water and floating candles are always a hit, or even colored vases filled with fresh flowers as well. If you are going for a classic look, the simpler the better.
- Bubbles. Everyone loves bubbles, right? Why not buy a few bubbles containers (think dollar store!) and fill them up with easy and simple homemade bubble solution. Have each guest take one as they enter for the wedding, and as you are leaving or walking down the aisle, it’s their cue to start blowing bubbles your way!
While your wedding day is your big day, be certain to think of ways to keep it in and under budget. Making your own decorations is a great way to make this happen and is also a fun way to be super involved in the planning and preparing for your wedding. Above all, remember to have fun and don’t stress! The focus of the wedding day is on you and the love that you share with your soon-to-be spouse. Everything else will fall into place!