Welcome back to our Fabulously Frugal linky. This week once again I have been looking at how to save money and this is especially important as interest rates are set to rise for the first time in ten years. This first increase is not likely to affect many but more rises are expected. Thiss is great news for savers but could have an impact on borrowers and mortgage repayments.
Therefore by making some small changes this will help in the long term. last night I was chatting on BBC Radio 5 Live with my top tips to save some money.
- Firstly I have been planning my reverse advent calendar. Along with the UK Money Bloggers we have been writing about how we can bring a smile to others who maybe sstruggling financially this year.
- I have also been reviewing the best advent calendars out there for school age children.
- I have written down all the things that I have bought throughout the year in the sales that I then hid away for Christmas. It is easy to forget what you have already bought unless you are organised.
- Another money savingg trick I have done this week is using household items for cleaning. Did you know that white vinegar for example is super cheap and brilliant for some many things.
- Finally I also made some money have redeeming my topcashback money. I always save it throughout the year ready to claim in Novemeber for Christmas shopping.
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.