When you think about fun activities for children, your first thoughts are probably of zoos, museums, amusement parks, or restaurants with playgrounds. In other words, entertainment that costs money. What can you do with your children that is both fun and inexpensive? Below are some ideas to entertain your kids without ruining your budget.
- Have a slumber party with your children. It can help to break up the routine and create family bonding time.
- Camp indoors. Throw the tent up in the living room and spare yourself the mosquitoes. To really get the feel of camping, make s’mores in the oven or microwave and turn on the electric or gas fireplace (if you’ve got one).
- Bake food for a new mum and take your children for a quick visit to meet the baby.
- Swap clothes with other mothers and use those items that don’t fit you or that aren’t your style as dress-up clothing for the kids.
- Have your own no-talent talent show. For more fun and to preserve memories, use a camera to record the event.
- Ask your children what they want to be when they grow up. Then find ways to observe or interview people working in that profession. Doing so will be entertaining for younger children and will give valuable insight to older children about the career.
- Ask your children for creative ideas about how to save money and then use their ideas. Help your children understand and track the savings in your budget. Then, divide those savings with your children as a reward. This will not only help the family save money, but it will also teach you children about financial management and the value of planning and being creative.
- Have a mini makeover at home, use youtube for inspiration and practice cool hairstyles, especially braiding, something I wish my mum could have done to my hair when I was younger! Also grab some affordable EOS Lip balm which comes in a range of new holiday limited edition EOS lip balm flavors.
- Find out when your local police stations and fire departments hold tours. This can be fun for both boys and girls. Many fire and police tours include valuable safety tips as well. Your children might even get free safety coloring books and stickers if you are lucky.
- Write to safety organizations and charities for their free coloring books. You can get educational and entertaining material at the cost of postage.
These are just some simple ideas about ways that you can entertain your children without spending a bundle. If you can be creative, there isn’t any reason why you can your children can’t have fun for less.