I am the queen of holiday planning and we are currently on countdown until we jet off to Florida. This holiday has been two years in the making and was booked over 16 months ago. It is planned as the holiday of all holidays and will include mum, dad and uncle Sam aswell as the five of us. My dad and me have enjoyed the planning and if you are heading to Disneyworld planning is needed to ensure that you get the best out of the dream holiday.
Therefore when I spotted the Caxton FX competition in my Britmums goody bag I knew I’d enter! Caxton FX have made taking your spending money abroad easier. You simply preload the card with your Dollars or whatever currency and the exchange rate is fixed. You then pay in restaurants, shops and hotels with the card much like you would a debit card. This is just prefect for me as it is a safe and easy way to carry money.
Right back to my planning tips.
1. Research – there are so many possibilities, really think about what you want from the holiday then personalise your holiday. We are doing one week staying at a Disney Hotel then moving to a villa for a more chilled out second week.
2. Time your booking as we bagged free disney dining for all of us by booking at the right time. I then upgraded the dining to the best package for us.
3. Save save save – work out how you are funding this if it is a really big trip. I have had a second account purely for Disney and I have put any blogging earnings in this account. It is surprising how much this can add up.
4. Birthday presents from family have included dollars for the older two. It gives them spending money of their own.
5. Erin has been promised a princess makeover in the castle but we have bought her Princess dress before we go to save paying the disney prices inside the park. Again this was a planned Christmas present.
6. We have booked all our character meals in advance, otherwise we would not have got what we wanted. We booked these 180 days in advance which is the day they are released. It has meant we even have a table booked for the new restaurant ‘Be Our Guest’ with my favourite characters from Beauty and the Beast!
7. We looked at the options available for getting to the airport ready for an early mornng flight and for the 8 of us it was cheapest to be driven in a taxi. I was not expecting that to be the cheapest option, so do check all your options.
8. Use forums to find insider hints and tips. The Dibb website has given me countless ideas and great advice.
9. Here Erin shows just how long we have been planning this! The older two both have countdown apps on their ipods and iphones which is a fun way to track the time. Chloe frequently tells us how many days left!
10. Lastly I say enjoy the planning because it makes the end result even better. I like having the holiday planned as it builds the excitement and we have a plan of what is happening that everyone has contributed too.