Welcome back to another Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky. It is great so many anr joining in and reading the posts. It is inspiring to see the little ways regular parents and saving a bit of money. I like to have a reason for my saving and this year I have a pretty big goal.
I am overpaying on our mortgage as much as I can. Many of us know that when we look at our mortgage statements we are paying so much in interest. By overpaying I am saving us money and making a huge difference to our long term financial plans.
My five ways I saved money this week.
- I was told the car park in town was free because the barrier was not working. It is the small things but it felt like a great win!
- Whilst in town I had a mooch about in the Debenhams sale. When it is 70% off clothes are just put on rails and they are bargains to be had. However it takes time to have a good look through. I really like the ‘Star’ label by Julien MacDonald and also Nine. I found two tops in the sale both reduced from over £40 each to £11 each.
- I managed a great yellow sticker reduced food haul which you can see in the vlog below. Fruit pots for 20p reduced from £2 it filled up the fridge nicely!
- I have been using TopCashBack when booking the train to London. Another small saving in my pocket
- I am on a no spend toiletries challenge. I actually looked at how much we have stored away and I am promising myself not to buy any more until we have used all we have. Do you have way to many toiletries in drawers?
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.