What a week! Yesterday I was in London for the Christmas In July shows. To non bloggers, this will mean very little but basically, the supermarkets and many other retail stores showcase the new ranges coming out for this Christmas. There are some great new ranges coming from Tesco, Aldi and the Co-Op which tastes very delicious! If you want to know the big trends there are much more vegan offerings.
- First up I have been writing a roundup of Easy to make sweet and creamy homemade milkshakes. These are a great treat for after school or at the weekend. Making them at home is much healthier and much cheaper!
- Over on Emma and 3, I discussed how to save money over the summer holidays with 5 Ways To Get Through The School Summer Holidays Without Breaking the Bank.
- This week we have continued to sell some of our old things, even Dyl has got on in the act and made £60 this week. This makes one happy teenager!
- When going to London yesterday I made sure that I stuck to off peak trains and bought my tickets well in advance. Buying two singles rather than a day return also works out cheaper. You really need to be on the ball when buying tickets as there are many different options.
- Finally rather than go through the car wash we handwashed the cars this week. It was a great way to cool down and the kids helped!
FRUGAL THINGS I’VE DONE LINKY
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.