What an expensive week! If it isn’t the kids it is the dog causing me to spend spend spend. September is the month for renewing subs in Hockey, dance and football. Plus the dog’s insurance and yearly boosters. This means I have been spending hundreds this past week. However, I have still managed a few great savings along the way.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky
- Firstly we had a great yellow sticker hunt on Tuesday. Dylan was dropped at footy and Chloe and I headed to Tesco to get her a few last bits for University and we hit at the time the reductions came out. We got lots of fruit and salads which made us happy. I am on a six week challenge and eating loads of protein so was pleased to grab some reduced prawns.
- This next one I am super proud of, Chloe’s Mac book pro appeared broken to us. The tracking mouse pad was cracked and had popped up out of the laptop. However, YouTube provided a fix and we spent £40 buying a new battery and tracking pad and Lee replaced it. We were on the verge of buying her a new laptop for University so this has saved us hundreds! It is probably the result of the year!
- Last Saturday we got up crazy early and headed to Birmingham for a preloved clothes sale. It promises lots of sportswear which is what my Chloe and my brother wanted to look at. You buy the clothes by weight and are charged accordingly. The stock is continually being replenished which makes standing there rather addictive as you are waiting for the next thing. Chloe was very quick off the mark and grabbed a Tommy Hilfiger sweater that she has worn non stop since. I also got a Northface hoodie for Dyl. These were great steals at about £5 each.
- TopCashback has thankfully saved me money again this month. I was able to get 50% off our dogs insurance with cashback. This is probably the number one money saving tool I recommend to everyone. I am waiting for my biggest single payout which will be £150 for just opening and depositing some money in a new savings account! So I haven’t even spent anything – just moved some money around to Nutmeg. You can start getting free money by using my link below today. Just click on the little banner, sign up and remember to use it!
- Finally, I made a small amount of £25 for Chloe by giving a quote for a newspaper article about freshers starting University and the luxury items they are taking. I have been training Chloe to spot easy ways of making some cash and this is one of them!
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass , Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.