Well, the weather has definitely taken a turn today and I am hunting out my jumpers now. I am hoping the half term stays dry as I find it costs so much more to entertain the children when it is wet. It means cinema trips rather than walks in the woods!
This week I have spent quite a bit because the eldest needed the University hockey kit but we have agreed that the extra’s like the padded coat will be a Christmas present! Sport is so important and beneficial but it does get expensive I find.
Five Fabulously Things I’ve Done
- A quick browse at the magazines this week saw that one of my favourites, Elle Magazine is giving away Benefit makeup with every copy. Hoola is one of Benefits hero products and it was worth buying the magazine to get the make up! I also shared this with my 18 year old who also rushed out to buy a copy! You can also take advantage of great deals on magazines from hearst and have them delivered to your door. I personally think this makes an amazing present and have bought all three of my children magazine subscriptions in the past.
- The second money saving tip comes in the form of my Boozy Hot Chocolate recipes that can be made easily at home when you are having guests. These are ideal for Bonfire night, Halloween and Christmas. Let me know which is your favourite.
- MATR online Maths programme are offering a FREE 2 Week Trial for KS2 children who are looking to improve their confidence in Math skills. This is ideal for those looking to take 11+ next year or for those wanting to build their confidence. This is such an affordable way to support your child’s learning, both my older two had tutoring at some point, right up to A Level and I know this massively helped them get the results they achieved.
- Over at Emma and 3 I have also shared Fun Winter activities to do at home which brings me back to the start where I was saying how expensive it can get entertaining children when the weather prevents you from being outdoors.
- Finally, I am trying out the Boom25 Cashback programme after writing about best cashback sites that will make you money TODAY. I haven’t won yet but I am hopeful that it will be just a matter of time! Have you won your money back yet – I’d love to hear your experiences.
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.