We are hurtling towards Christmas now and I haven’t started shopping. I have some bits from my Boots 70% off sale haul that I do each Jan but that is about as far as it goes. Have you started yet? I plan to make a list today of everyone I buy for and see what is what.
This week I have finally had some overdue invoices settled which always pleases me. Working freelance is often a juggle of finances where I am owed large sums of money and I am never quite sure when they will be paid. I spend many hours chasing payments which quite frankly is a huge drain on my time.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done
- Firstly I have bought a few things from Ali Express to try it out and I am mega impressed. A full post will be coming shortly but this has changed my shopping!
- Chloe has found a house share for next year at university and this is going to be £50 per week cheaper thank goodness. Student rent on Halls is extortionate so I am glad we will save a little there next academic year. It seems so early for them to have decided on next years living arrangements though when they have only been there a since September!
- Do you have an Amazon Echo at home? I have recently found out about the Send Me a Sample skill. You enable this and can then ask Alexa to send you samples of products. Yesterday I was able to ask for four cans of coke and a John Frieda hair boost thing. Both will be delivered straight to my door for FREE. like totally FREE! Now that is money saving! Do sign up to claim yours.
- This year I am not doing Erin a big birthday party. Instead I am taking just a few friends bowling and then having a chip dinner. This isn’t to save money as such, just that at nine I don’t think we need the whole party thing. But it is saving money as parties are so expensive now.
- Finally I am saving money by continuing to lose weight! You may know that I have been working hard at my gym and this means I have a whole wardrobe of clothes to wear again! The best reward is how I am feeling. Do come and follow me on Instagram as Emma and 3 where I have been sharing my feelings about losing weight and shaping up.
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.