Happy Friday everyone, it is going to be a busy weekend here as it is Erin’s birthday and we have a surprise visitor coming to stay for the weekend. I cannot wait to see Erin’s face later and have promised a roast dinner tonight too! We have ballet exams and hockey tournaments this weekend to keep us on our toes as well!
In terms of being frugal this week, I have had a few successes but equally we are coming up to the most expensive shopping time of the year! Therefore it is all a balancing act! I have some exciting collaborations coming over the next few weeks to help my readers make the most of their money so do keep an eye out. Black Friday is coming and with it will be lots of deals but they are only worth it if you were going to buy the products anyway. I have been working with a brand this week as an expert commentator and will share their post as soon as it is ready to go.
Five Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week
- Firstly I have a planned trip to London next week with a girlfriend and we really wanted to make it as good as possible on a low budget! We have found a budget hotel but we also have a great deal on afternoon tea with unlimited prosecco. I am using a voucher from Buy A Gift Smartbox which lets us choose from a wide variety of traets. It works out a really affordable way to have a great experience. I personally feel experiences are the way forward and we all have so much stuff that these smartboxes make a perfect present!
- I have made a start on my shopping by checking out the best deals at Boots and this Real Techniques Gift Set is a great price and something teenagers and those in make up will adore.
- Yesterday I had a massage at one of our local salons, Cedars which is also a training academy. I had a wonderful massage for an hour for just £8! Yes that is right! What a bargain and a good way to take care of myself too!
- I mentioned Erin’s birthday and I managed to talk her down from having a whole class party! Instead I took three friends 10 pin bowling after school, had food there and it cost less than £40 which saved me money that I usually spend on parties and also saved my sanity! It was a win win!
- Finally, Erin loves to read and most of us now read on devices to save space of needing bookshelves! Amazon have a fab deal for new customers signing up to Audible where you will pay £3.99 per month for 4 months, instead of the regular £7.99 per month. Audible membership includes a credit every month, applicable to any audiobook, regardless of price or length. The books are theirs to keep for life, even if they cancel. With the world’s largest section of titles to choose from, there’s something for everyone. Check out this amazing deal from this link. Amazon also have All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa for just £25!! Two may have fallen into my basket this morning!
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.