The final week of the year and I am still being thrifty! I delivered Christmas in style and within the budget I could afford and had set. My children do get rather a lot for Christmas but I don’t tend to buy them lots in the year so I am happy with how we do things. This Christmas was no exception and there were also presents under the tree that was the result of some good shopping during the year. I am already getting excited for the Botts 70% off as this is a day where I buy lots and it lasts me throughout the year!
This final week of the year always is a time where being frugal is easy! I love the sales and enjoy snapping up a fabulous deal. This year I have popped to the high street for just a few hours but did find a few ‘too good to miss’ deals!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky
- Firstly is my bargain clock. I think I am going to struggle to beat this deal! I managed to snap up a large Laura Ashley clock as the Cheltenham branch is closing down. The wall clock was initially £100 yet it had been reduced, further reduced and then reduced again in the closing down sale! I parted just £13 for this beauty and it looks fab on my kitchen wall.
- The supermarkets are also a bargain hunters friend this week. I have picked up lots of yellow sticker foods which always makes me happy! Plus today we found tubs of chocolates for £2.50 now and alcohol gift sets for similar prices in Tesco.
- I nearly bought Peaky Blinders season 4 because I have recently got into the boxset and season 4 wasn’t available on Netflix. However, just for me, it seems to have come onto Netflix last week saving me on forking out for the DVD!!
- This year we went to my mum and dads for Christmas dinner, it was yummy so thanks mum! This was definitely frugal for me as we ate their food instead of buying any!!
- Finally the Marks and Spencer sale also tempted me today where I got a new knife block and set of knives reduced from £60 down to £24.
Do let me know what sale bargains you have snapped up so far! I am sure that I will have more to share next week, but first I ave a 19th birthday to plan for and New Year! See you in 2019!
We would love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post. You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.
Every week we share five frugal things that we’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life. We’d love you to link up with us and show us what you’ve been doing.