I sit typing this from a hospital ward where I have spent the last 24 hours with Dylan. Some will know that he is afflicated with some rather nasty conditions including the herpes simplex virus which he gets around his eyes. It is the same as cold sores except his often get infected as the skin around the eyes is so fragile. He is currently on a drip and this is likely where we will be most of the weekend.
It makes being frugal rather difficult, yesterday saw me spending in Costa and paying extortionate fees in the hospital carpark. However I am trying! We are also hoping to pop out between IV antibiotics today as a new shop is opening and we have been invited!
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done Linky.
- I wrote a post for anyone up for a challenge next month – how does 5 Easy Ways to Save £500 Next Month sound? I’d love to hear how you get on.
- This morning, rather than use the hospital car park I parked about 10 mins away which costs just £3 for the whole day. Result and immediate saving of £5
- Rather than buying magazines to keep me entertained today I found one in the parents room – obviously I will pay this forward by putting it back and any I do buy I will leave for the next parent.
- I have started collecting coupons and buy one get one free for theme parks and attractions incase we go to any over the summer. It definitely pays to be prepared. Collect now and keep them all together in an envelope – any you don’t use could be offered to friends. Cereal boxes and soft drinks often have the coupons.
- It is also the sales which I love, I start stocking up for birthday presents and dare I even say stocking fillers! Accessorize for the girls is one of my favourites. I have also bought myself a dress for my cousin’s wedding in the Coast dress sale, it was reduced in John Lewis who also price match if you see it anywhere else. I prefer buying from John Lewis as they are brilliant for customer service and when buying tech products the guarantee lasts longer than most other retailers.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky Rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week. Whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.