It is rather hard to be frugal at this time of year. I find that I am spending more and I also lose track of my spending. I know Christmas is not all about material things but I still find myself in turmoil between buying things for the sake of it because I don’t think the children have enough presents. We are often really busy at this time of year which stops us taking the time to be frugal – for example nativity costumes. Erin is an Angel and I should / could have put together an outfit yet instead I just bought one from the supermarket. She will wear it twice and that is it – hardly a good investment piece!
Here is how I have managed to be frugal this week:
- I always treat the children to Friday sweets after school on Fridays. This week I was buying them just as the poinsettia’s was being reduced from £2.50 to 52p . I bought one and so did two of my friends!
- Buying the sweets I look for a pack of four for a £1 and split them rather than spending 60p on each bar. This is why I buy them before school finished, otherwise they all want to choose different sweets which would double the cost.
- The supermarkets have some get festive drinks offers on again this week. Therefore I bought bottles to get 25% of the price. This effectively gave me over a bottle free.
- A new gym opened that has good parking facilities and even better is that it is just £10.99 a month if you joined up quickly. This is an opening offer and I made ure I joined up within the timeframe. It is much cheaper than my old gym (less than a third of the old membership I had). And yes I have been already!
- Finally Chloe listed some clothes on a Facebook selling site and was pleased to have sold a few things.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.