Welcome to the year’s final Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky. I have found writing this weekly post has really helped focus my mind on saving where I can. I also enjoy reading about other people’s small and big savings. To end the year on a high we are giving away some Hotel Chocolate goodies. Simply add your money saving post to the linky and make sure that in the post you have linked to Cass, Becky and myself as usual and then you will be entered into the draw. The draw will take place on Wednesday and hopefully be with the winner for Christmas. If not it will make a New Year treat!!
Here are my festive ways of saving money
- I buy presents throughout the year – especially stocking fillers as I buy them when I see things in the sale.
- Hold your nerve as most shops will have discount days or have voucher codes about. Therefore big presents I don’t buy too early and wait until the discounts start.
- Make Christmas about memories and not just stuff. Therefore we spend on experiences and not just materialistic things. This week we will be going ice skating which has become a family tradition.
- Meal plan for Christmas week. Our Boxing Day feast is a favourite where we get to use up all the christmas day leftovers. As a nation though we waste so much food over the festive season – so don’t overbuy and remember the shops are (unfortunately) only shut for one day.
- Finally set a budget you can afford and stick to it. You should not be paying off Christmas for months. Only buy what you can afford.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules:
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
I’m linking up with Cass, Emma and Becky in this week’s ‘Five Fabulously Frugal things I’ve done this week linky.